Saturday, November 29, 2008

Post Thanksgiving Blues

So, after the BIG Thanksgiving gathering we had at our house, I didn't have it in me to make the s'mores brownies for our 2nd Thanksgiving gathering at Dan's Uncle's house today. You need to know that if I don't feel like making a chocolaty dessert, something's wrong! Something is bothering me and I can't quite put my finger on it. My family is healthy, my marriage is good, I have a job interview on Wed. - it's not like I don't have any hopes for finding a new job, at least I have an interview scheduled. Hmmm. Not. Sure. It bugs me when something's eatin' at me and I can't figure out what it is. It could be the job thing...it seems like each time I find myself in an o.k. place about the job situation, I get another letter from them. The mail man left a card for a registered letter for me yesterday. Why don't they just leave me alone? You know, I didn't argue, fuss, or fight when they told me I was dismissed; maybe those who are behind this are trying to stir up the conflict they didn't get from me at that time. Spiritual warfare! The enemy is hard at work, but the Bible tells me,
"Yes I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor ruling spirits,
nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above [me], nothing
below [me] nor anything else in the whole world will ever be able to
separate [me] from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus, [my]
Lord."
Romans 8:38-39 NCV

That makes me feel better. There is nothing the enemy can do to me as long as I have Christ. I need to dwell on this for a while...

1 comment:

Lori said...

Keep dwelling, girl! God's gonna get you to the other side of this!