Monday, November 3, 2008

Banana Bread Recipe


I love this recipe and I've been using it for years. It reminds me of the dentist who used to work at the clinic with me. He loved banana bread. He's with the Lord now, but almost every time I make this I think of him.

You can add walnuts if you like. You can also omit the spices and add semi-sweet chocolate chips for a really yummy chocolate banana indulgence!


Preheat oven to 350F

1 stick butter

3/4 cup sugar

2 eggs

3 small ripe bananas, mashed

1 tsp vanilla extract

2 cups AP flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg

1/2 tsp cinnamon


Mix all dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.


Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, mix until blended. Add mashed bananas and vanilla - mixture will look curdled.


Add dry ingredients to wet and mix just until combined. Do not overmix. Pour into a buttered loaf pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.


Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

That looks wonderful--I love the picture with the bananas in the background. Cool!
I am definitely a chocolate-chip banana bread person. Yours sounds good too though. I'll have to try it.

Sue said...

Yeah, you know I'm so cool!