Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Soothing Tongue...

As I've gone through my day today, I've had a constant struggle in keeping my thoughts captive. I'm still struggling with this issue from work on Thurs. I'm trying not to dwell on the negative, but it's stinkin' hard not to feel angry. I am someone who wants conflict resolved quickly and without any casualties. So, as I anticipate what my work day will be like on Tuesday, I feel a menagerie of emotions. I know I will be having a meeting with my boss and the before mentioned "creep" who wrote me up. I want so much to die to my self and just be a perfect vessel for the Holy Spirit. I don't want to misrepresent or disappoint my Lord. So, I'm praying for peace of mind, clarity and purity of mind, and a soothing tongue. Proverbs 15:4 says, "A soothing tongue is a tree of life, but perversion in it crushes the spirit." Ephesians 4:29 says, "Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, so that it will give grace to those who hear." May I meditate on these two verses and keep my thoughts and words acceptable to God.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'll be praying for you today and Tuesday. I'll pray that God will guide your words and prepare you for your meeting.

Sue said...

Thank Tiffany. I am feeling a bit calmer today.