Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Daily Grind

I'm off to work this morning. Today is the one day a week that I get paid to work, and I don't have to work as hard as I do at home. I'm a Public Health Dental Hygienist, at the moment. Things at work haven't been so great lately. Budget cuts, politics, cliques...you know how it goes. It makes me sad because I've had this job for almost 8 years and I have truly enjoyed working in the public health arena. But, all things change and I have to learn to move with the changes or be stuck in a very bad place. I read the book "Who Moved My Cheese?" a few years ago. I can't remember the author's name. A good book that teaches how to accept change.

On another note...the kids are all ready for school. A&K have had their breakfast and they're dressed and ready to go out the door. Sophie has a tummy ache this morning. She goes to the babysitter on the days I work. She has a best friend that she gets to play with when she goes to the sitter so she's happy to see me go to work.

I just looked out my window to see a cloudy day, but my heart just smiled as I saw our chickens have jumped over the fence and are pluckin' around in the yard. There must be lots of bugs this morning. It's gloomy this morning, but the chickens add a bright, beautiful splash of color to the yard.

so, my time has come...I'm off to the "trenches" wish me luck.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I hope you have a good day and that things aren't too stressful.
I want chickens!

Sue said...

I think it's really nice to look outside and see my flock cluckin' around.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am happy that you get look outside and you get to see something bright to cheer you up, unlike me who looks outside and sees the people covered up and trying to escape the cold.By the way the author of your book is Spencer Johnson, I read that book when I first moved to Florida and it helped me get thru it.