Monday, March 2, 2009

Manic Mondays

Monday is my least favorite day of the week. Probably because I have to play catch up after a busy weekend. We enjoyed a day at the beach on Saturday, followed by a nice visit to a friend's house, and a very late bedtime. Adam & Sophie had fevers close to 103 degrees late, late Saturday and through the day Sunday. I have been living in fear of becoming sick myself for the past 2 weeks. I can manage sick kids. I can catch vomit in my hands, deal with their diarrhea, & feed them chicken soup. I can't deal with any of those things happening to me. Chicken soup is probably one of my least favorite foods, unless it's laden with cream, and fresh herbs, and has some fancy French name.

The beach was fun. It's a little crazy that one day we can go to the beach and the next day we have to wear layers. I can't tell you how ready I am for some consistent weather. Although I know that "consistent" weather will be consistently hot, so humid you feel like someone whacked you in the face with a wet towel, and did I mention HOT?

I took the kids to the library after preschool this morning, followed by a little stop at our new little cupcake shop. Okay, so it's a regular-sized cupcake with icing on it for $2.50. Huh? I can make a whole batch of cupcakes for that much. I told the kids they could all agree on one cupcake to share. Yes, you read that right, one to share. What am I thinking? This ain't my first rodeo. I should have known better than to expect them to all agree on ONE cupcake. Well, long story short, I chose for them, they didn't like the one I chose, so I got to eat the majority of it. Works for me! That made my Monday a little better.
ENJOY THESE PICS...


1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hannah's got a fever too. It started Saturday night, went away for two days and now it's back! I am really hoping the other two don't get it but I'm sure they will.
I love the pic of Adam and Katie running on the sand. Her hair is getting so long!