Monday, March 23, 2009

Hello Old Friend...

Well, it seems I've been incommunicado for a week or so. Our trip to Miami was good, but exhausting. Upon our return my kids, one by one, came down with very high fevers. This threw an interesting twist to my schedule since Dan was out of town and Adam couldn't go to school on Thursday - when I had to go to work. Luckily my mom is currently without a job and I was able to call her at the last minute to come and be with Adam.

The Wedding in Miami was a nice "American Style" wedding. No weird food or anything! We went to a BBQ at the bride's parent's house the day after and Adam told the bride, "that was the worst wedding ever! The music was so loud!" He sounded like a little old man. Luckily, the bride got a good laugh and wasn't offended.

I tried on a $50,000 sapphire ring while I was there...it was the property of a New York jeweler, who is trying to sell it through Dan's cousin to someone in Boca Raton. It was a perfect fit, but was too gaudy for my taste, besides I can think of a few better things to spend $50,000 on.

Friday was the Persian New Year. I took the kids over to Dan's parent's on Friday morning for the festivities. Which includes a little ritual of being sprinkled with rose water, looking into a mirror while smiling, eating something sweet, and walking two doors down to Dan's uncle's house to do the same thing again. Typically Dan's uncle makes this neat Iranian dessert which is called Faloudeh (Faw-loo-day). It's kinda like tapioca without the pudding part, rose water syrup (which I have finally acquired a taste for after 13 years!), milk, & ice cream. Anybody who wants to give it a whirl can come over for a foloudeh party sometime. Anyway, he didn't make it this year. Drat! That's my favorite part. My Mother-in-Law requested that he not make it because everyone is on a diet. Hhhmmph!

Yesterday, 3 chicks hatched from our eggs. Cute little blonde chicks. I'll post pics tomorrow, maybe. My internet is acting up...

No comments: