Monday, March 9, 2009

About Those Cookies...

I forgot to mention 2 VERY important instructions about my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe in my last post. First, it is very, very important not to overmix the dough. Once the flour is added, mix just until all the flour is combined, quickly add the chocolate chips, and step away from the bowl - if the dough gets overmixed the cookies will be flat. Also, the instruction to chill the dough is vital to these cookies turning out. the dough must chill for at least an hour.

I have to say that this dough itself is a rather delicious cookie dough. I sometimes struggle with whether I want to eat it baked or raw. Yeah, it's that good! You have to try these cookies. You may ask yourself if it's worth buying a bag of bread flour just to bake a batch of chocolate chip cookies. It is! Trust me! That bag of bread flour won't last long. You'll be out of it, and your skinny pants, before you know it.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Raw cookie dough is ALWAYS better:)

lisalou said...

This is encouraging! Ha Ha