Sunday, February 1, 2009

You Don't Say?!

How many of you have been in public with your kids when they aren't having a "good" day? Ever have a stranger approach you and say, "my, you have your hands full!" Well, I have, on more occasions than I can count. Having twins always attracted attention, then having 22-month-old twins and a newborn brought even more attention. Now, there are those days when I have to get out of the house and that typically means bringing my brood along, and they are usually in the same rotten, I-have-to-get-out-of-this-house-or-someone's-gonna-get-hurt mood that I'm in. This usually makes for a worse mood in the end because they act out in public and I want to beat them in submission...(just sayin'). Well, I was telling Dan the other day that the next time someone walks by me and says, "don't you have your hands full," I may scratch their eyes out. 2 minutes after I said this Adam pipes up, "oh my, don't you have your hands full." Dan just about fell out of his chair.

I've been in a slightly foul mood this past week. The monotony of life has got me down. I just want to see my floors and counters free of clutter. I want to be able to accomplish a task from start to finish without having a child whining at my hip, or having to referee a MAJOR conflict because someone took something from someone.

Another thing, I heard the Orlando Utilities Commission will be raising their rates like 20% in the coming weeks. Not because the cost of fuel has risen, no. Because, get this, people are using less energy so they have to compensate. Are. You. Kidding. Me?

My mom is being laid off from her job of 20 years. I wish she was in a situation where she could just retire and enjoy her grand kids. She's not. What a terrible time to be looking for a blue collar job. She's alright with the situation, right now. I'm sad for her. She's had 3 jobs her whole life. I can't imagine being 57 years old and looking for a new job. This does give me an opportunity to let her know that I'm praying for her. May the Lord use this for His glory.

Oh well, I hope my hormone levels equalize this week and I'm a little more pleasant to be around. It's tough being a girl! Dan jokingly says I have gender envy...sometimes I think he's right.

No comments: