Saturday, February 21, 2009

They Got Me!

I asked Adam & Katie to clean their room yesterday and much to my surprise, they did...well, by all outward appearances they did. Then it occurred to me that they are getting pretty wise in their nearly 5 years of life. Yes, they pushed everything under the bed, and under and behind the chair. Part of me chuckled (silently to myself as to not encourage this kind of "cleanup"), the other part of me felt discouraged because now I have to do the whole "clean this room up right now!" "If you don't clean this room, I'm going to throw everything in the trash." "No more toys, from now on you'll only get underwear and books for your birthday and Christmas!" So, after an hour of whining & crying, the room was clean...even under the bed and behind the chair.

No comments: