Monday, February 2, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window...B-R-O-W-N, everything here was kissed by frost and ice last week. The result? Everything that was green and lush is now brown and crunchy.


I am thinking...I need to improve my attitude this week. Maybe it was the cold weather, the root canal, the economy, etc... that threw me for an emotional, irritated loop last week.

I am thankful for...a healthy family, a tooth that is finally settling down, my job, Dan's job, & Katie's incredible creativity.

From the learning rooms...Katie is doing such a great job of putting letters together to make words - just little words, but still she's doing very well for her age.
From the kitchen...chicken and barley soup today, not sure for the rest of the week.

I am wearing...jeans, white tee, rust-colored cable knit sweater

I am creating...photo books on snapfish.com, and I'm knitting baby socks

I am going...to start a study on Psalm 23 today. I've decided that I need to trust my Shepherd more.

I am reading...A Tree Grows In Brooklyn & I love it. I love history, I am especially interested in life in the U.S. at the turn of the century. This book tells a story of a young girl who lives in the tenement district of Brooklyn in the very early 1900s. Many of us cannot even fathom the suffering that took place during that time. A time when people were immigrating to the U.S. to find a better life, a life more abundant.
I am hoping...to not let the monotony of every-day cooking, cleaning, refereeing, disciplining, and more cooking, cleaning, refereeing & disciplining get me down this week.
I am hearing...Dora on the TV. Adam is home sick from school today, although I am totally seeing that he is well enough to be at school. Today will be a great lesson for him...he's gonna learn that if he stays home from school, he stays in bed, ALL DAY. The TV is going off soon.
Around the house...well, you know, the usual, although I spent 4 hours cleaning on Sat. morning so there's not the usual metric tons of clutter to return to it's home. Just a little.
One of my favorite things...a warm fire, a good book, a hot cup of coffee made just right, and...SILENCE.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...tonight I go to my accountability group, tomorrow I have an appt. to see a nice man who listens to me talk and gives me Godly, Biblical direction for working through things that interfere with a life abundant in the Lord. Wed. I'm working, Thurs. I normally work, but the office is closed this week because it's slow, soooo I have a whole day with NO kids because I still have to pay their school for 2 days. Whatever will I do? Will I be lost without them? he he he he he! (Insert snickering here). I'm thinking I'm going to do whatever my little heart desires.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...Katie and Sophie collected the eggs yesterday, all by themselves. Katie even lined the baskets with hay so the eggs wouldn't crack. They were so proud of themselves.

No comments: