Monday, February 16, 2009



A Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...it's sunny and a little cool, but it's going to be a very nice day!

I am thinking...what was I thinking when I invited my niece to have a sleep over last night? She just wouldn't fall asleep last night, and then at 4:00am she came to my room, shined a toy lantern in my face, and said "I can't sleep anymore." What!? Are you kidding me? Too bad! Go back to bed.

I am thankful for...a God that not only loves me, but actually likes me. Imagine that. He knows my innermost thoughts and He still likes me.

From the learning rooms...A&K are off from school today, back tomorrow. Woo Hoo!

From the kitchen...some Thai food tonight, salads, maybe some kind of soup.

I am creating...if my so-called friend (you know who you are) would answer the phone so I could borrow her sizzix, I'm going to be making these hair clips I saw on Etsy.
I am going...to sit in the sun and do a little reading today.

I am reading..."The Invisible Wall" by Harry Bernstein. Wow! It's a true story of a young Jewish boy's coming of age (somewhere in England I gather) just before the start of WWI. He lives in a neighborhood where the Jews live on one side of the street and the Christians on the other. They have a mutual respect for one another, but no relationship. I just started it on Saturday and I find it riveting, and heart wrenching.

I am hoping...this will be an uneventful week.

I am hearing...my mom talking with Katie. It's so sweet to hear these kids have a "grown up" conversation.
Around the house...the house is clean, woo hoo!
One of my favorite things...clothes that feel comfy and look nice, and that make me feel good about myself.

A few plans for the rest of my week...not much!
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing... Adam playing Dan's guitar (looks like a cello!). Adam said, "I can do better than Miss. Kris (our church's children's worship leader). He's pretty full of himself!
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

No comments: