Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Best Valentine's Day Present


Dan brought me a dozen roses last night and then today he gave me the best Valentine's Day present ever...he took the kids away for the day so I could clean the house and re-group after a crazy week of stomach yucks, working, & school commitments. I know today was a day to spend with your sweetie, but mine loved me in the knowledge he had of me and hooked me up! So, I cleaned the house, ran a few errands, and treated myself to a quiet lunch on Panera's outdoor patio. I sat in the sun eating my sandwich and reading my book. This was a much needed respite for me! Now everyone is back and life is back to the usual chaos.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! That is really sweet. Isn't it funny how our desires change as we become moms? I'm sure you never thought that a day alone would be the perfect Valentine's day present!

Smith Schoolhouse said...

sounds like a perfect day! You go Dan!!!

atotallydifferentperson said...

What a sweet and VERY wise hubby!
I miss you, girl!