Monday, January 19, 2009

A Simple Woman's Daybook
A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...
Outside my window...It's a sunny, the sky is blue, the air is crisp.

I am thinking...today we may need to get out of the house...maybe I can convince the hubby to go letter boxing.

I am thankful for...Martin Luther King, Jr. (obviously for the civil rights movement, but also because today is a holiday that Dan gets off from work)
From the learning rooms...I've posted sentence strips in the twins' room labeling the bed, door, wall, etc...
From the kitchen...well, since it's going to be a cool, no strike that, COLD week here in sunny Florida, I'm thinking we'll do some good ol' stick-to-yur-ribs kind of food this week. Probably some soups and stews. I'm going to try to get creative and look through some cookbooks BEFORE I go shopping...imagine that! A little planning ahead...with 3 kids? Yeah! That's probably not going to happen. I may have to swing it and allow the grocery store to inspire me.

I am wearing...Pink flannel jammies with sock monkeys and Christmas tree motif.

I am creating...eyelet baby socks for a little one expected to arrive in May.

I am going...to the Endodontist tomorrow for a consultation. I had a root canal done 10 years ago and it's been acting up for a year now. My new boss was nice enough to call the endodontist for me and he hooked me up.

I am reading...yeah, still waitin' for my local, po dunk library to send "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn"

I am hearing...Pole Position, a video game that was turned on by Adam, but nobody is playing. I just heard Dan open to door to the twins' room and say, "I'm gonna act like I didn't see this." Now I hear him saying, "hold out your hands, let me see what you have. I can't believe you guys are eating candy! You're all gonna get a spanking now!"

Around the house...will there ever be a Monday that I don't have to clean? I'm like a hamster in a cage, I just keep spinning on this stupid wheel! I do only have 1 load of laundry to do today...woo hoo!

One of my favorite things...a roaring fire in the fireplace on a cold winter's day.

A few plans for the rest of the week...school for the kids, work for me; WARM clothes.

A picture thought I'm sharing...
This is the microphone Adam built out of Tinker Toys. Notice Katie has her jeans on backwards. That's my Katie!
If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Did you get to go letterboxing? We've been a few times and it's so fun!
I love the picture of Katie--especially with the backwards jeans! How can that be comfortable?