Monday, January 12, 2009



For today...

Outside my window...it's grey and cool. My Tababuia tree is beginning to shed it's leaves, and bright pink flowers are blooming in their place.

I am thinking...I'm glad Goo Gone is really good at removing gum from car upholstery.

I am thankful for...the thoughtful hearts that Adam & Katie have. Dan took them to Home Depot yesterday and while they were there Adam asked his dad if they could "buy mommy a flower," and Katie said "let's get a red one. Mommy really likes red."

From the learning rooms...we missed church lat week and the kids kids missed the lesson about Joseph's coat of many colors. I'm going to try to do that lesson with them and make a little coat.

From the kitchen...tonight, chicken breast with artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and asparagus. Chicken quesadillas tomorrow. Maybe chili on Wednesday. Some sort of pork dish at some point this week. Publix has boneless skinless chicken breasts on sale for $1.99 this week.

I am wearing...jeans and a plum-striped Henley.

I am creating...maybe a little coat of many colors with the kids; I need to hem a pair of slacks; I'm still working on photo books on Snapfish - it takes some time, but not nearly as much time as it take to scrapbook.

I am going...to Walmart at some point this week. I have a new favorite cereal, Kashi U. It's very healthy and very tasty with a banana. The cereal is significantly cheaper at Walmart. Funny thing too, Sophie loves this uber-healthy cereal, but only if she's eating it from my bowl.

I am reading...a Weight Watcher's magazine given to me by a friend, and I'm waiting for "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" to arrive in the mail.

I am hoping...we won't get a hard freeze this winter because our mango trees are LOADED with flowers. So much so that the branches are dragging the ground. There's nothing like a mango fresh from the tree! It's always a struggle to get through the winter though because they are a tropical fruit and we're not quite living in a tropical climate year-round.

I am hearing...Sophie chattering non-stop, can't quite understand what she's saying. That's kinda like my relationship with the Lord I've learned. I have to stop what I'm doing, focus, and Listen in order to hear. Imagine that!

Around the house...just some clutter to put away, floors to sweep, laundry to do. Typical Monday-Sunday stuff.

One of my favorite things...remember last week I said one of my favorite things is a clean-smelling car? Well, I cleaned my car. Nothing on the floors. All snack-food-remnants removed from under and in-between the car seats. little air freshener, and...the car is clean. For today anyway.

A few plans for the rest of the week...nothing exciting here until Saturday. We're going to a friend's house for a turkey dinner. This will be the 4th turkey dinner we've had since September.
Here is a picture thought I'm sharing...

Katie went to a little tea party on Saturday. It was so sweet to see just six little girls together doing "girlie stuff."

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I can't wait to hear what you think about "A Tree..." This summer I read another book by Betty Smith--"Joy in the Morning." It is now one of my all time favorites. I love her writing.