Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back to The Normal Life

Who am I foolin'? There's nothing remotely normal about my life. I put my Grandma & Grandpa on a plane to Kalamazoo, MI on Monday. It was bittersweet. I really enjoyed spending time with them...knowing that they would never make it back to Florida, but I was really busy having two more people in my house.


I think Dan gained 10 lbs in the past two weeks. We ate a whole lot of Midwestern comfort food. My grandparents could easily eat a loaf of bread and an entire stick of butter with every meal! On Sunday I made a traditional Czech meal of roast pork, bread dumplings with gravy, and Czech-style sauerkraut. My grandparents and my dad enjoyed it. Me, not. so. much.
This is my grandma...a beautiful lady...making Knedliky, Czech bread dumplings.

No comments: