Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We Have To Work Fast Around Here!

My Grandma has been begging me to let her help me with the cooking. I keep refusing, insisting that I don't need help and I can get it done FAST! Yesterday I finally let her help me dice the onions for dinner. Well...it took every bit of inner strength not to snatch that onion away from her and do a Rachel Ray to it. My Grandma, bless her sweet little heart, diced that onion slice, by slice, by slice. The problem was that I needed that onion in order to move forward in my prep.

Today I wised up! I cut the onion and I gave her a bunch of carrots to peel and slice. See, I can accept help and still get things done quick.

I am enjoying having my grandparents here, although it's a lot of work. Don't get me wrong, these are two healthy elders, but they do both have diabetes, and take a slew of meds for blood pressure and high cholesterol...although they eat whatever they want whenever they want. I don't get it. Anyway, I digress. My grandpa came here with two meds that needed to be refilled, but her just brought the pills, without the bottles! So, I had to take the pills to the pharmacy and say, "um, I'm sure this isn't the first time, but..." Anyway, while I was standing in line to pick up the meds, I though to myself, "one of these days I'll be doing this for my parents." Hopefully not anytime soon - my kids need to grow up first.

No comments: