Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mom, This One Plays Weird Songs

I went shopping for Christmas decorations yesterday. I decided to buy a couple of lighted wreaths to hang up next year. While at Home Depot, the kids fell in love with those little plastic snow globes; you know, the ones that you push the button and they play holiday music and little Styrofoam snowballs fly around. Well, the girls chose a princess one and I chose the Peanuts one for Adam. He managed to break it before we left the store and had to settle for a Rudolph one instead. On the way home Adam says, "Mom, I don't like this one, it plays weird songs!" Come to find out, it does play songs that are "weird' because they are all the songs from the old Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer claymation thing. Claymation gives me the creeps, always has. Just sayin'...

So, today we went back to Home Depot to pick a few things for our clothesline-improvement project and we let Adam exchange his snow globe for one more fitting his generation... Mickey & Minnie. This one plays "The First Noel" of which Adam has labeled "the most wonderful Christmas song ever!" This kid cracks me up!

No comments: