Friday, June 5, 2009

Go Mommy, Go!

Yesterday, after a long couple of days of work, and an even longer few days of FUNK, I was driving home with the kids in the backseat. They were being their usual rambunctious selves - which usually creates major anxiety in me (yeah, a genetic flaw I think), but this time they decided we were in a race to beat daddy home from work so they all began to chant "go mommy, go!" It was so sweet because Adam & Katie were in unison chanting "go mommy, go" and Sophie was saying, "doe mommy, doe. doe mommy, doe!" She can't say the "g" sound yet. So cute!
It's moments like this that help us step outside of the circle of chaos, which seems to be the driving force our lives, and really be thankful for the "season" of life we are in. This made me realize that it won't be long before Sophie can pronounce the "g" sound, and all that baby cuteness will be replaced with some other interesting personality trait.
I was helping Adam get dressed for school this morning, they have pre-k graduation today (give me break!) and I was dressing him in slacks, a shirt, and tie. I sat on the edge of his bed helping him put his socks and shoes on, and it occurred to me that if what everyone tells me is true, it will be a blink of an eye and I'll be helping him get ready for his high school graduation. I can't even imagine...

No comments: